For this year’s Toronto World MasterCard Fashion Week, Canada’s lead essie nail artist Rita Remark created a distinct one-of-a-kind nail design. The Line Knitwear look was directly inspired by the design and esthetic of the garments in the Line Knitwear collection. Designers, John Muscat and Jennifer Wells, used gorgeous fading techniques to create different forms of ombré in the clothing.
To mimic the ombre aesthetic, Rita created an ombré nail design featuring a base of essie’s Bobbing for Baubles that fades to essie’s Sand Tropez at the tip. The essie Canada team succeeded in creating these manicures backstage with the use of a cosmetic sponge and a stamping technique.
Six easy steps for the Line Knitwear nail design look:
1. Prep the nails with essie’s Ridge Filling base coat.
2. Top the nails with one coat of essie’s Bobbing for Baubles, a deep sapphire blue.
3. On a triangular sponge, horizontally blend a dot of Bobbing for Baubles with the sandy beige Sand Tropez until the hues appear to be ombré.
4. Working quickly, with a light dabbing motion, stamp the ombré design onto each nail. The idea is to have the colour fade to Sand Tropez on the tip, with stamping repeated until the desire opacity has been achieved.
5. Finally, clean up the look with an angular brush dipped in nail polish remover to clear any excess product from the cuticle area.
6. Finish the look with essie’s Good To Go top coat.
essie nail polishes are priced at $9.99 CAD and are available for purchase at professional salons and leading retailers across Canada. For more info visit www.essiecanada.ca