Love your peaches with two new recipes courtesy of California Cling Peach Board.
11/4 cups (300 mL) cut into strips cooked chicken
3 tbsp (45 mL) Thai sweet chili sauce
1 (14 oz/398 mL) can California Cling peach halves or slices, in fruit juice concentrate or light syrup, drained and patted really dry
8 large rice paper round wraps
4 very small leaves Boston or leaf lettuce, torn in half
3-inch (7.5-cm) piece cucumber piece, cut into julienne strips
1/2 small red pepper, cut into julienne strips
8 to 12 mint leaves (optional)
Additional Thai sweet chili sauce for dipping
1. Have all your ingredients prepared. In a small bowl, stir chicken with sweet chili sauce. Fill a pie plate with warm water. Lay a damp smooth kitchen towel on the counter. Thinly cut peach halves into slices or use peach slices.
2. Working with 1 wrap at a time, dip in warm water until it is just pliable, 20 to 40 seconds. Place on kitchen towel. Place ½ a lettuce leaf near bottom of circle. Place 2 peach slices on top of lettuce, followed by 1/8 of chicken, then 1/8 of the cucumber and red pepper and 2 to 3 mint leaves depending on size.
3. Fold bottom (edge closest to you) of rice paper wrap over filling towards centre. Fold in sides to slightly cover filling. Then roll to totally enclose filling and form a roll. Set seam side down on a cutting board. Repeat with remaining ingredients. If sending for lunch, leave whole. If serving as an appetizer, slice in half diagonally. Serve with additional sweet chili sauce. Best eaten right away but if storing, make sure they aren’t touching each other as they will stick. Cover with barely damp paper towel, then seal tightly with plastic wrap. Makes 8 rolls.
2 naan, about 9-inches (23-cm) each or 1 thin pizza crust, about 11-inches (27.5-cm)
2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
11/2 tsp (7 mL) za’atar spice*
½ cup (125 mL) creamy goat cheese
2 slices prosciutto, cut into strips
2 canned California Cling peach halves, cut into thin slices, well drained and patted dry
4 pitted black olives, cut in half
4 fresh basil leaves, shredded
1. Preheat oven according to package directions for naan or pizza. Brush tops with oil. Sprinkle each naan with ½ tsp (2 mL) za’atar or pizza with 1 tsp (5 mL) za’atar.
2. Place on baking sheet. Dollop evenly with goat cheese. Then scatter with prosciutto, peaches and olives. Bake according to package directions, until crust is hot and cheese is melted, about 2 to 4 minutes for naan and 6 to 8 minutes for pizza.
3. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) za’atar and basil. Makes 2 servings for naan or 2 to 3 for pizza.
*Za’atar is a blend of dried thyme, oregano, sumac and sesame seeds. Sometime ground cumin and salt is added.