Fifty Shades of Grey star and presenter, Dakota Johnson, dazzled on the red carpet at the 87th Annual Academy Awards. Here is the how-to look, from Dove Celebrity Hair Stylist Mark Townsend, on how to achieve Dakota’s effortless and elegant ponytail.
Get The Look – Dakota Johnson
“Working with Dakota has been such an incredible and inspiring experience. For the 2015 Oscars I wanted her hair to reflect her personality and style, and the Saint Laurent gown she chose to wear was very vibrant. We decided her hair should be off the dress, but not necessarily up, so I went for a young, cool ponytail. She has the most amazing fringe so we kept them down with some face framing layers to keep the style modern and perfectly imperfect.”
1. To create the look, I started by adding a few drops of Dove Vitality Rejuvenated Silk Crème to her damp hair and blow dried with a Mason Pearson brush.
2. For texture and grip, I liberally sprayed Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo throughout her hair, then gathered it just above the occipital bone, securing with a tight elastic.
3. The key to dressing up a ponytail is in the details, so I pulled a small amount of hair from the ponytail, wrapped it around the base to hide the elastic, and secured with bobby pins.
4. To create additional texture I sprayed Sally Hershberger Glam Waves spray in my hands and raked it through the ponytail.
5. I finished by spraying Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray to add shine and keep her hair in place all night.