This Father’s Day, Becel margarine is celebrating all Dads with recipes inspired by the different activities that we know they love! If your Pops is a self-proclaimed ‘king of the grill’, Becel has some simple recipes he won’t be able to resist! Here are two of our favourites:
Grilled Thai Turkey Burgers
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel Original margarine
1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped sweet onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp. (5 mL) Thai red curry paste or green curry paste
2 tsp. (10 mL) fish sauce
1 lb. (450 g) ground turkey
1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Hellmann’s 1/2 the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing
Melt Becel Original margarine in small nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in curry paste and fish sauce; let cool slightly. Combine cooled onion mixture, ground turkey, cilantro and mayonnaise-type dressing in medium bowl; shape into 4 patties. Grill or broil burgers, turning once, until done, about 8 minutes. Serve, if desired, on whole wheat hamburger buns with tomato slices and lettuce. Turn this recipe into a perfect party treat. Shape turkey mixture into 12 mini-burgers and serve on whole grain slider buns!
Corn-on-the-Cob Topping Twisters
1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel Buttery Taste margarine
Grilled or broiled corn-on-the-cob
Start with 1/2 cup (125mL) Becel Buttery Taste margarine and mix in your choice of the tasty additional toppings below.
Cheddar BBQ: 1/4 cup (60mL) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese and 1 Tbsp. (15mL) barbecue sauce.
– Pesto: 1/4 cup (60mL) chopped basil, 2 Tbsp. (30mL) grated Parmesan cheese, 1 clove garlic, finely chopped and a pinch ground black pepper. Speedy Shortcut: use 2 Tbsp. (30mL) prepared pesto instead.
– South Asian Street Corn: 2 tsp. (10mL) sriracha sauce, 1 tsp. (5mL) grated ginger, 1 clove garlic, finely chopped and 1/4 tsp. (1mL)grated lime peel.
– Blue Cheese & Herb: 1/4 cup (60mL) crumbled blue cheese, 2 Tbsp. (30mL) finely chopped parsley and a pinch ground black pepper.
– Spiced Curry: 2 Tbsp. (30mL) finely chopped cilantro, 1 tsp. (5mL) curry powder, 1 tsp. (5mL) lime juice, 1/4 tsp. (1mL) grated lime peel and a pinch ground cayenne.
– Caesar: 3 Tbsp. (45mL) grated Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp. (30mL) finely chopped parsley, 1 tsp. (5mL) lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. (1mL) grated lemon peel, 1/2 tsp. (2mL) minced garlic and 1/4 tsp. (1mL) anchovy paste.
**More corn-on-the-cob topping recipe ideas visit www.becel.ca
For more info visit www.becel.ca or @becelCA