It’s no surprise that a recent national survey revealed 62% of Canadians have a sweet tooth – maybe that’s how we earned our naturally sweet reputation. Knowing that candy is top-of-mind for Canadians this summer, Dare Candy Co. has answered the call with a mobile treats truck hitting Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. Canadians will have the chance to sample the sweets they so desire, and Dare’s diverse offering is guaranteed to satisfy the sweet tooth in everyone.
Candy has been an important part of Dare’s journey to find better ingredients, better innovation and making better tasting goodies. Looking for candy that’s made with real fruit? Gelatin free? What about candy to satisfy your pomegranate craving, or love for all black jubes? Dare Candy Co. has thought of it all, including lunchbox candy – all of which is peanut free! Just a few examples from Dare’s delicious candy arsenal includes:
– REALJubes Red, REALJubes Black & REALJubes Sour: Gluten free, fat free, free of artificial flavours, gelatin free
– REALSOURs Strips & Sticks: No artificial colours or flavours, gelatin free
– REALFRUIT Superfruits, REALFRUIT Medley & REALFRUIT Tropical: No artificial colours or flavours, gluten free, made with real fruit, gelatin free (Superfruits variety only).
A recent survey commissioned by Dare Candy Co. revealed some interesting insight into Canadians’ sweet-tooth, snacking and sharing habits. Canadians love to embrace the latest food trends and crave variety and endless options, and sweets are no
– In Toronto, friends (47%) and love interests (41%) top the list of who we’re most likely to share a sweet with. Parents, beware – only 9% of Torontonians plan to share candy with a parent!
– Flavour purists rise to the top: 54% of Canadians in Calgary prefer to eat candy one flavour at a time.
– A question as old as water – red versus black? Millennials share a strong affinity for red jubes, and are seven times more like to prefer red over black jubes (61% say they like red and only 8% say black). Baby boomers on the other hand, are split down the middle.
– What’s in your glovebox? 71% of Canadians living in Vancouver like to bring candy along for the ride as part of their summer road trip experience.
For more info visit www.darefoods.com or www.facebook.com/DareCandyCo. To follow the Dare Candy Treats Truck across Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary visit @DareCandyCa on Twitter for location updates & special guest appearances. Curated by the ever helpful and charming Berry, he’ll be onboard throughout the summer to keep you smiling and informed on all things candy.