The stars at last weeks 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards (January 12, 2014) looked stunning on the red carpet, dressing lavishly and displaying their elegant hairstyles. Presenter and star of the Golden Globe nominated HBO show, Game of Thrones, Emilia Clarke showcased an elegant and classic loose waved looked. Her sultry hairstyle was courtesy of celebrity and Dove hairstylist Mark Townsend.
Mark was inspired by Emilia’s Proenza Schouler gown – the mix of embroideries looked like movement, so he wanted her hair to move beautifully as well. He shares his simple five-step process to recreate Emilia’s look at home.
1. I started by prepping her hair by adding a few drops of the NEW Dove Pure Care Dry Oil in her damp hair and combed through. It is loaded with African macadamia oil, which is so nourishing for the hair.
2. Next, I sprayed the NEW Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray to the roots and blow dried with a round brush.
3. Then, I took 3-inch sections of hair and wrapped each section around a 1 1/2inch curling iron. The large barrel creates bends in the hair instead of curls.
4. When all the hair had been through the iron, I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray all over to give the hair great texture.
5. I finished by taking a few more drops of the new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil in my hands and then raked it through her hair to give the hair tons of shine without weighing it down.
Featuring Oxyfusion technology that leaves hair with 95% more volume, the New Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray ($7.98 for 97ml) is part of the New Dove Oxygen Moisture Line-up which also includes Shampoo and Conditioner ($6.75 for 355ml) and Leave on Foam ($7.98 for 150ml).
Formulated with precious African Macadamia Oil leaving hair feeling 5x silkier, The New Dove Pure Care Dry Oil ($11.99 for 100ml) is part of the New Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Line-up which also includes Shampoo and Conditioner ($6.97 each for 355ml).
***Both lines will be available in drug, mass and grocery nationwide January 30, 2014. For more info visit www.dove.ca